Translate

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bridges to the Stars


As a child, I wondered about the smallness of my existence -- the brief moment of time and the tiny space that was my life. How could I not have existed at all before the day of my birth? How was it possible that nothing of interest lay beyond the reaches of the sky above my little world? Why was I told, at home and at school, that there was nothing more to life than what I could touch and feel or read about in acceptable books?

As I grew from childhood to adolescence, and went to college, I continued to ask these questions, to explore ideas that I found outside the covers of my academic textbooks, and to read the UNacceptable books that I found in the library -- until I realized that the people who warned: "No, don't go there," even though they were in the majority, were the ones whose eyes were closed to the infinite variety of life, reality, and truth.

Among the small concepts I was taught in my youth was the one that the existence of intelligent life on other planets was just a fantasy. At best, it was a remote possibility that would not likely be discovered in my lifetime. Extraterrestrials populated books and movies, but not real life. I read science fiction to stretch my imagination to some of the ways that life on other planets might differ from ours. But when I found a book in the nonfiction section of the library, written by a man who claimed to have been taken aboard a spaceship from another world, I knew I was entering a realm that would be considered taboo by my parents, teachers, and friends. So I flitted in and out of that realm for many years - checking to see which aliens were making contact with humans - but not paying them serious attention since, after all, I did not want to be seen as a "nut case" by the majority of the human population.

In the 1990's I had a friend who was fascinated with the Pleiadians. My thoughts were: Yes, I'm sure there really are intelligent beings - even highly spiritually-evolved beings - from the Pleiadies. But what would I gain from learning about them as my friend did? I was busy raising two young children, writing, taking care of my home and my husband, doing volunteer work for church and community. I was also reading a lot of spiritual books, but none about extra-terrestrials. My reading took me far enough off the beaten path as it was, and my parents already worried that my belief in reincarnation put me in the same category as the Heaven's Gate group that committed suicide when the Hale-Bopp comet made its appearance. 

In recent months I have re-discovered the Pleiadians online and in the book: Pleiadian Initiations of Light by Christine Day. I have also discovered the Arcturians, the Sirians, and other star people who communicate with us through various earth channels. "You've got to be kidding!" many readers will exclaim. But then I ask: "Why not?" Why shouldn't beings exist on other planets, from other stars, and why shouldn't they be so much more advanced than we are that they can travel faster than the speed of light to visit their earth sisters and brothers? 

When we realize that God is All-That-Is, and that all of Creation is connected in Divine Oneness . . . we recognize that this Oneness includes all of the universe, not just our own little world. The beings from other stars have known this for aeons, and so they acknowledge that the fate of the entire universe depends on the spiritual evolution of earth and its inhabitants. They are working with us and with the spiritual masters and angels of this world, to assist our awakening as the divine beings of love and light that we truly are. The aliens are not coming to invade our planet, as Hollywood would have us fear! They are coming as older and wiser brothers and sisters, who can help us clean up the mess we have made of our world, so that we can take our rightful place as citizens of the universe. I find it very comforting to know that we have so much support, not only from the higher beings of this world, but from other worlds as well. 

Just as we are building bridges between diverse peoples, between humans and nature, and between heaven and earth . . . we can build bridges between planets, stars, and galaxies . . . connecting all of the universe in a vast network of love and understanding. The more we stretch our imaginations, the more we realize that there is no end to the number of love and light bridges we can  build!















3 comments:

  1. A marvelous reflection and I Love the picture of Orion's Belt; many of us see it in the sky and somehow feel connected. Within us all is a faint knowing that there is so much more that we are about to experience. And I am told it will be soon by those who know more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, I have been making my way through your posts and enjoying them very much. Did you notice that you originally posted this one at 11:11? Nicely written and nicely posted! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mathew, thanks for pointing that out! I never pay attention to the time when I post articles. I guess I should!

    ReplyDelete