Translate

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Peace Prayer for Russia and Ukraine


     I have noticed that this blog has received many views from Russia in recent weeks. I like to think these views are from Russians who want to build bridges of peace and oneness with their neighbors in Ukraine. It is my belief that most Russians disagree with Putin's decision to wage war on Ukraine, and would like to see peace between their nations. This altar is for you, the Russians who are looking at my blog, and for your Ukrainian neighbors who are longing and praying for peace. 

    The blue vase of yellow flowers on the altar represents the Ukrainian flag, while the red, white, and blue candles represent the flag of Russia. 

    Hanging on the little tree is an ornament made in Russia and a necklace made by a Ukrainian artist. At the base of the tree sits an egg painted by a Ukrainian. Here is a close-up of that egg: 



     Also on the table is a set of Russian stacking dolls and a bowl given to me by a niece who attended graduate school in Moscow. The card proclaiming "Peace on Earth" was made by another niece and artist, Hannah Harvester.

    As I was arranging this peace altar I felt tears sting my eyes. I feel the pain and suffering of the Russians and Ukrainians who have been forced into a war against each other. Let there be peace between Russia and Ukraine. Let it begin today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment