Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Symbols of Divine White Light

 

     

    While rummaging through the Christmas decorations in our attic, deciding what to display this holiday season, the white glass angel inspired me to create an altar for the White Light of Christ consciousness, purity, and wholeness. White light contains the frequency of all the colors in the rainbow - thus its symbolism of wholeness. 

    People who report near-death experiences describe a brilliant white light that emanates unconditional love. Those who have the ability to see chakras tell us that the crown chakra, our gateway to divine love and spiritual wisdom, is white. Jesus, Mary, and the saints are pictured with halos around their heads, because their crown chakras are so brilliant. 

    I placed a white scarf on my altar table before arranging on it the white symbols. There was so little contrast between the white crystals and shells, and the white cloth, that the objects were barely noticeable. I switched the white scarf for a gray one. These symbols of divine connection are more prominent now that they are resting on a dark background. 

    Without intending to, I just demonstrated for myself why we have to experience darkness before we can appreciate the light. I know that I appreciate the coming of spring all the more after enduring a long, cold winter.  When I recover from an illness I appreciate my health more than I do when I've been well for a long time. When the leaf blowers and lawn mowers finally shut down, I enjoy the peace and quiet more than I did before the noise started. 

    What if we have to experience evil, violence, disasters and disease so that we will have a deeper desire for God's will to be done, and for heaven to come to earth? If we had never been given free will, if we had always remained connected to divine love, peace, and wholeness, we might have taken it for granted. Now that we have known evil, we can decide that we've had enough of the darkness and choose to live in the light, just as Jesus did. 

    This altar is my way of saying to the universe: I am ready to leave the darkness behind and step into the light of peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment